Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Oklahoma Quake

I was in an earthquake yesterday evening. Don't worry, I'm okay. When I learned it was an earthquake I was shocked because I had no idea there was a fault line or any sort of cause for an earthquake here in the middle of this continent. I was sitting in my car preparing for an interview (my fourth interview in my job search -I've gone on four so far for different companies and am not sure yet which of the four I will accept as they've all been offered).....and I felt my car move as though someone just pushed it. When I walked up to the guard station to get into this high security facility, I noticed the guards were frantically searching the screen because "building number five shook from the quake." "We just had an earthquake?" I asked them, and they said "yea, but we didn't feel anything." I told them that I did and just thought that was really strange, so who better to share with than my blog readers. After my interview I went out to eat with Eric and Cameron at one of my favorite restaurants: Macaroni Grill. It was great. He left today for Colorado, but will be home tomorrow. Today Cami and I are going to paint and I will probably take some pictures so check back soon. In the meantime have a fantastic day. I'm just glad I was able to make it through the quake to share my story. Ha! PEACE

4 comments:

  1. There's earthquakes in Oklahoma?? Who would have thunk it....not me, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'tis true, i'm a little sad you aren't more sympathetic to the tister. boo.

    come see me and cami today! (pwease)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's the new Madrid Fault.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Actually there are approximatley 4 earthquakes a week in Oklahoma. Most can't be felt! There is the seismic lab outside of Bixby in Leonard that studies them! I will find the website that lists the earthquakes and where they are. It's pretty Interesting!

    D

    ReplyDelete