I got pulled over yesterday. It was ridiculous, really. The highway patrol was dictating a boring, relatively inactive, street. They had two men hidden behind bushes and a brick residential sign with radar guns. If the perpetrator was going 1 mph over 40 mph, they would run out like a wild man and wave down the car to turn into the neighborhood they were so well hidden in. There, a female cop was writing citations. I would imagine workmen's compensation will be receiving a call for the carpal tunnel condition she most likely developed on the job that day. Here's how it went down: I'm in my own world just cruising (notice how I said cruising and not speeding?) down the street when I see wild man number 1 jump out in front of me motioning me to turn. I did as I was told and rolled down my window to see why he insisted so tenaciously on my obedience to his motions. "You were radared going 47 mph in a 40mph area and you need to pull up in front of those other cars to speak with our officer." Crap. I was already conjuring up a very convincing presentation for the judge in my head as I waited for the cop to make it to my car, since it seemed inevitable I was getting a ticket. "Your honor," I was thinking to myself, "no disrespect to the law enforcement, however on the afternoon of December 14th at 1400 hours, the officer utilized unprofessional and DARE I say dangerous judgment putting himself, as well as I, in harms way". . ..blah blah blah-you get the picture. (and tell me, WHY are the highway patrol patrolling the city/residential district- shouldn't they be patroling the highway as they're title would imply???) I figured the highway patrol would not show up to the court date and I would contest to my hearts content until I heard "DISMISSED" as I've done once before years ago. *sidenote: When I made my little presentation in court to contest another ridiculous "operation: make civilians hate the highway patrol" case, I left the courtroom with my head held very high (i won! dismissed! yay!) a gentlemen followed me out asking if I were a lawyer, and if I would represent him. ha ha. I've always enjoyed that. ANYWAY...back to the current story. I pulled into the neighborhood, and had to drive past 5 other cars parked in a row all waiting for the dreaded "sentence" of speeding. Lady Luck was on my side yesterday. Actually, "Lady Luck" was an officer named Lisa who was super nice to me and just let me go with a warning. She walked up-I talked about silly stuff, mentioned we share the same first name so we have to stick together...and then I heard those wonderful words: "I'm just going to write you a warning today"...whew. close one.
Part II: Procrastination.
Christmas shopping status = still NOTHING! tic toc tic toc...the deadline of December 25th is almost here. Wish me luck as I soon venture out to stores with the other crazy's and procastinators.
Part III: Painting.
This is a painting I just finished up. It's a reproduction of Salvador Dahli. I was just experimenting with a different type of painting style than what I typically do. I chose to mirror Dahli's work because I've always appreciated the creativity behind each of his paintings. I also really enjoy his use of color:
Part IV: Preciousness.
Baby Cameron was exceptionally sweet and precious. The day started off a little sketchy after I went in her room to get her up and noticed she had torn her crib sheet to threads!!!! How in the world did she manage to do that? I figure there must have been a little hole that she concentrated on and worked on it until she was able to keep tearing and pulling it apart. I loved that sheet because it was pink and it had little white stars all over. Maybe I'll save it for a quilt. Ok, that probably won't happen since I am not a seamstress...but I will cut out a piece and put it in her 1-2year baby journal I'm writing. After that incident, however, she was a sweet little angel all day. She only got upset one time. It was near her bedtime and we were over at my parents house, I put her jammies on and she hated it. She wanted to walk around with nothing on and just got really upset and threw herself down on the floor crying when she realized that wasn't going to happen. After managing to get her thrashing body clothed, she stood up, stopped crying and I think it dawned on her: "Man, mommy isn't so bad. I got too upset with her!." I am sure that's what she thought because she then turned to me and leaned forward to give me a kiss and great big hug. It was the best apology of all time. I think I have had a total of 250 kisses and hugs today. Precious!
Part V: Pigs.
I want to see Charlotte's Web. I enjoyed the book as a child, and the movie/cartoon. It has been redone once more and is now playing at a theater (or is it theatre?) near you.
I hope everyone had an excellent weekend...Thanks for stopping by! Peace.

Darren i would have to agree with you she is a magnet for the 50. Honey its me i didnt have time to sign in and im getting ready to leave but i love you and have a wonderful day and i hope you feel better
ReplyDeletethanks angel boy. i feel a little better today.love you.
ReplyDeleteCan I just say how AWESOME that painting is....your amazing Lis...and I'm very jealous of your talent!! Maybe one day...ONE day I will have the privilage of owning one of those marvelous masterpieces!! haha! Glad to hear you got out of your ticket! Better slow down there woman! have a great week! Will I be seeing you on Friday? Starting around 8:30 so.
ReplyDeleteOk Darren, our family Christmas's aren't that bad, are they?? Well, maybe they are.
ReplyDeleteHi Tisi-
Love the post. And can I go ahead and get dibs on that painting?! Just wondering. Hope you guys have a good day.