Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I am Thankful. . .

For everything! I am so fortunate to have a healthy and wonderful family all around. I love each and everyone of my friends and my family members.....Sometimes we get caught up with the hustle and bustle of everyday and put off thinking or appreciating what we are and what we have with each other. I am so grateful for everything and feel anxious to celebrate Thanksgiving. As I'm writing this I think of my previous thoughts on this day and I was never excited about it. It seemed to be more about the food for me, which I'm not even a fan of. Of course, I will eat it all...I mean, it's good. Everyone has always made such a big deal about the food served on thanksgiving, though...and to my taste or my "palette" it's just so-so, even boring. ( I can almost hear all of the jaws dropping in shock at this moment as I announce that I don't like the food) I would much prefer to eat sushi, or italian, or mexican, or any seafood. . .and I know I'm completely alone on that. Now, however, I could care less WHAT kind of food is being served because that's so insignificant. I truly know what this holiday means, despite thinking I've known in the past. I'm sure you're confused, or even tired of reading about how "much lisa appreciates her glorious life." I realize you must get what I'm saying...so I'll move on. I'm just very thankful. Eric was home for a few days and we had a great time. We started it off with another birthday party for him! WOW! My parents and I hadn't given him an official one yet, so we had dinner over there with a balloon (yes, just one blue balloon blown up to scream "Celebration!") and a baby blue colored angel food cake my mom made for him. He loved it. My friend Amy came over yesterday with her 8 month old son. . .she brought some clothes her daughter used to wear for Cami to see if they would work out for us. The best part was watching the two babies interact...it was really cute. Cami made these strange high pitched squeaking sounds when she "spoke" to Karter, Amy's son. She would also get really close to him, and clasp his chubby face in her equally chubby little hands. It was fun. Eric took a couple of pictures of this interaction, and although they aren't great photos...I like to post pictures related to some part of my "stories," so here they are:
It looks like I'm scolding Cami in this one: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Notice how her hands are positioned right for his face:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
She was all about Karter:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Karter has his hand up in this one to defend himself from all the affection Cami is expressing through squeezing his cheeks so hard:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She stole Amy's phone. . .imagine that!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Eric's friend is in town from California and they went out the other night. Today, actually, I got to see his friend and another buddy, unexpectedly, when they dropped by as I was painting the bathroom. I have obviously met and hung out with them before, but I'm not exactly comfortable with them as I would be my family. So you can imagine my embarrassment when I answered the door, assuming it was Eric home from grocery shopping needing a hand, and there they stood....I was wearing pajama pants and a sports bra, had NOT brushed my hair yet...and had paint on my face. I felt so gross. I put some different clothes on and they stayed awhile...even got on the floor and played with our little angel baby for a bit. Our bathroom was a dark green...and we liked it at first...but both grew to despise it, hence our decision to change it. Anyway, it looks so fresh and bright and happy now. Yes, our bathroom looks happy. It's lavendar and we got a white shower curtain to compliment it. Eric left for work this afternoon before it was finished and put back together...but I think he will really like the outcome. Before he left we had a group hug and it was amazing. Eric picked Cameron up, and put his arms around us, mine around them, and Cameron's around us (make sense?) and we held that for a long time...and Cami said "Oooooooh" lovingly throughout the duration of our group hug. It was terrific. I wish he was going to be with us tomorrow, for Thanksgiving, but he will only be gone for 3 days this time. Tonight I was going to try to go out with my sister and some other girlfriends, but unfortunately, that did not happen because I couldn't really find a sitter. It has been quite awhile since I've had a night out to do anything, past 7 p.m. without a baby, so I was really looking forward to it. So, while they are out and about having a fun time, I'm home. I cannot complain though, because if I start to feel sad or even a little envious, I just peer into my daughter's room, and watch her sleeping sweetly and peacefully, and my whole world makes sense again and I never want to leave. Speaking of sense, I've not made much on here, again...so I suppose I will conclude this. I love you all....have a beautiful and thankful, Thanksgiving. PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment