Friday, November 17, 2006

Much About Nothing, really. . .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Good day to everyone. I have been working on painting the past couple of days so I'm sorry I didn't post anything. It was extremely windy and cold yesterday and my "favorite" neighbors privacy fence blew over. If you aren't sure which "favorite" neighbors I'm speaking of, check my archives for "Neighborly? I don't think so," and you'll be up to speed. I think that was in August or September. Anyway, I've had to keep Lexi, our dog, inside for 2 days. She's been really good and well behaved. She knows she's allowed on the carpet and has done very well at obeying those rules. At night I've kept her in the garage to sleep, to be sure she doesn't have an accident in the kitchen. Anyway, Cameron loves her. All day long she walks over to Lexi and bends down a little to kiss her. She has stopped kissing the past month--now the exception is the dog. Cami still hands out hugs quite often. It's pretty cute. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Eric came in town yesterday for a whole nine hours. Yes, you read correctly, that was not an error. Nine hours. It was short, but sweet. We found out recently that he actually gets Christmas off this year! I'm so happy and excited about that. Last year Cami and I were all alone on Christmas eve and Christmas day, after visiting my family. He will be home later this week and we are going to put up our decorations together. Don't forget to keep checking his blog. I know Summer and Kristi do because they've left comments. He posted one the other day, and said he will be more active with it.
I finally finished Cameron's baby journal. Since the day she was born, I've kept a daily journal writing about her, life, and information I may one forget to share with her. I remember starting it in the beginning, thinking "I will never get this finished" and now? It is! When I feel nostalgic I will occasionally browse through and read about our days together. I was going to only record her first year of life, but I think the fun and funny stuff are only just beginning so I'm going to record her second year as well. If I was able to write a whole page or two in the beginning when she just basically slept all day long, then surely I have a tremendous amount of material to share now that she is walking and talking. I just recently got in touch with a great childhood friend who has a son only a couple of months younger than Cami-and she is a stay at home mommy too. We're really excited because we will get the kiddos together in the near future. She takes her son to a lady who watches him for 5 hours two or three days a week. I would love to do that sometimes, because it can get pretty overwhelming being alone all day everyday with a baby and it's sometimes difficult to run errands with her. At least my friend has a husband who can home every evening when the work whistle blows to get just a little break in. I'm certainly not complaining. Every single morning I wake up, I am thankful that I am able to stay home with her. I think it is extremely important, especially today. Yesterday my upper back hurt so bad when I woke up, and as each minute of the day passed, the pain worsened. By the time my sister got off work I could barely lift Cami-so I called her to see if she would come over and help me for just a little bit. Laura and Casey both came over and ended up taking Cami to eat dinner with them. After taking a warm bath, my back felt better. I just wish Eric could be home a lot more. We miss him too much when he's gone. Every single day I try to look on the bright side and be appreciative of everything. I'm so tired of hearing and seeing negativity and people complaining about nothing. I have come to believe that the majority of what people argue about is absurdly irrelevant. That the majority of what makes us cringe and cry will be long forgotten in the span of a week. That such a majority of our energy is expended in response to these trivialities we are left with nothing but an empty vessel with which to enjoy the world. Can an empty vessel ever reach its destination? It might, but it has nothing left to recognize it did.
Anyway, I don't have many new pictures of Cameron, but I'll leave a couple here so you can hopefully enjoy. I intend to take some today so please, come again! Have a beautiful day today: It's the weekend! So those of you at work can soon kick back, enjoy the weekend and relax! I've got to get back to painting...PEACE! :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Tis, those paintings sure are pretty. You have such a talent. It's just amazing how creative that little mind of yours is! Cause I'm telling ya, I wouldn't even know where to begin on a painting like that. As a kid I thought I had mastered the art of drawing houses and people. But, now as I look back, boy was I wrong. My people didn't have necks, and my houses just weren't right!

    Don't ever forget how blessed you are to have such an amazing talent. So, when can I start giving you the visions I have for a painting I would like you to do for me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lis...thanks for the blog..makes you stop and think what the important things are in life and if your arguements or problems are really worth it..life is too short...we all need to enjoy it while we can..tomorrow may not come so why spend your time and engery being upset or mad over something that is not worth the headache. You won't be taking any of it with you when your gone so you should love and laugh as much as possible...b/c tomorrow you might not be able to.
    And I agree with LL, what wonderful and amazing talent you have!! Speaking of...now that I've moved into a new place..I have much more wall space and would love to have a painting...oh, i dont' know, maybe for my 30th?? What a great present that would be!! It would be the best present ever... to have an original painting by the one and only hanging on my wall in my bedroom..(is the guilt trip or kissing up working yet?!?) ;) I would take care of the paint and canvas!
    Well, have a great weekend everyone! Holla at a sista if anyone wants to meet up for a drink or two! or even lunch tomorrow or sunday! OH...and did I mention the colors in my room is tan and purple..just thought I would throw that in there!!
    HOLLA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tan and purple you say? hmmm. . .

    ReplyDelete