Monday, November 13, 2006

Presenting: Presents!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! Goodness, I didn't expect to wait so long before posting another blog. I hope I still have devoted readers! Little Cami had a wonderful first birthday. We threw her two birthday parties. My husbands family came in for a while, and his sisters had to leave early so they wanted to watch her open presents. That was the first party. The second one was a couple of days after her birthday. We waited so her daddy would be in town and be able to enjoy his daughter opening gifts, and eating cake for the very first time. The first party she did not get cake because Eric wasn't home. I put a number 1 candle in a banana (one of Cami's favorite snacks) and we sang happy birthday to her. It was cheesy and I loved it. She got some wonderful presents...mostly toys and books-all of which Cameron loves. Her Grandma Goodies (Eric's mom) waited in line at midnight one evening when Walmart was selling the hottest toy of the season-Tickle me Elmo. She wasn't scared a bit when we introduced it to her. Elmo laughs and laughs and rolls on the floor and gets up. Eric really enjoys maybe a little more than baby girl. She likes the box he came in. Yesterday I tried to put on some really cool boots that her Uncle Cici gave her, but the top of her foot won't scoot down in it...so I'm going to exchange for a bigger size if they are not sold out yet. Here is a picture and you'll understand why it might be gone:
I love them! He even got the matching coat so she will perfectly coordinated:

Anyway, it was a wonderful experience for Cameron. She's still a little backwards on her schedule, in fact she has slept in until 11 am for 3 days now! I think all of the excitement really got to her. Eric's 26th birthday was yesterday...poor guy had to work! When his parents were in town we gave him some presents though, that way he won't feel pitiful being away from home on his birthday. He claims though this is his "birthday week" so if you have a chance, wish him "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" over and over again. My parents have already started putting up Christmas decorations...I thought it was a little too early for that, but after going there the other night, I'm glad they did. I love Christmas with all the decorations and even the music. I took some pictures of Cameron the other night looking at the tree for the very first time. She was around last Christmas...but was brand new and pretty much slept through the season. I really don't think she noticed it. It is going to be pretty hard, as I learned the other night, to keep that little girl away from the tree. She kept going back to it, after I told her no. She is getting better at understanding and obeying the word "No!" but a Christmas tree with lights and ornaments? That's a little too irresistible for her. She is such a little show off too. While over there, she would walk around the center of the room for my parents and I and made sure we were all watching her. When she knew she had our attention, she would pretend to fall down and then lay on her back and starting laughing and dancing on the floor. My explanation does no justice to the hilarity of the mood she created, but I captured a picture on her back laughing. Here are some others with her in front of the tree: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Overall, it's been a fun and exciting week for Cameron. She is the luckiest little one year old in the world because she has so much family and we all adore her. I am so happy for her. I'm proud to be the mom of someone everyone loves so much. Have a great week! Check back because I will be, as I always say, more involved here. I will soon post some pictures of her birthday party(s). Sorry for the delayed post, but hopefully it was worth the wait! Peace!

5 comments:

  1. Ok... all I got to say is it's about damn time you posted a new blog! :) We have missed our #1 blogger... haven't we guys??!!

    Now on to more important topics like that beautiful baby girl of yours. What a little cutie she is in front of the Christmas tree. Even in those pictures you can tell she is really trying hard not to pull down the Christmas tree. I mean come on, can you blame her? The things is like 7 or 8 ft tall, with beaming lights and intriguing ornaments. Heck, sometimes I feel like tugging on that sucker just to see what happened... and I'm 28! :)

    Hope you guys are having a "dood" day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are adorable... and I must say nice job uncle CiCi, the boots and jacket are adorable! oh and she looks like a little present next to the tree with a big bow! SO CUTE! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well.....I have to say that you have made me one happy person today Lis...I have been having withdrawls from "our #1 blogger!!" and was soo excited to see a new posting this morning! Welcome back!! ;)
    Now, miss Cam...I am so sorry I missed your birthday party! Mommy and Aunt Laura forgot to call me...but it wasn't their fault, I had to go out of town at the last minute anyways...so sorry Cam! I promise I will be at the next one!
    Oh, and props to uncle CiCi!!!! What an adorable outfit! Go CiCi...Go CiCi!! She's is going to look SO CUTE in her pretty jacket and boots!
    Well, that's all for now! Thanks for the post Lis! it's good to have ya back! Aunt Laura...call me and many kisses and hugs to you little Cam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Brother... I thought the phone call and message from the only one from home who loves you was enough... BUT since apparently it wasnt HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE MOST AMAZING BROTHER IN THE WORLD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ummmm..yeah...I'm sorry Eric!!! I have no excuse so I'll just say it...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR EEERRRIIIICCCCCCC.....HAAAAAPPPPYYYY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! ...now can I see little Cam??!! ;)

    ReplyDelete