Thursday, October 18, 2007

5: not just a number anymore

Today I'm going to tell you a story about Cameron when I gave her a bath the other evening. I will preface the conversation below with what we were talking about. I recently bought some alphabet letters and numbers for bath time fun. They are colorful and they stick to the walls of the tub. I figured it would be a fun way to learn the numbers and the letters of the alphabet for Cameron. So far my idea has proved to be successful, because at her young age, she can count to ten and can correctly identify several letters of the alphabet. In fact, she recently drew the letter "A" which I have taken a picture to display with this post today. Anyway, every evening I give her a bath before bed time, we play with these letters and I quiz her on each of them, as long as she has the patience for it. I ask her "what's this one?" then she will tell me, and I say "good job! or that's right!" or yes!" Now that you have an idea of what I'm describing today, I would like to share with you the precise conversation, or quiz rather, that occurred the other evening. Here goes:

Cameron started this by holding up a letter and asked me:

"What's this one mommy?" Cami said

"the letter Q." I said

"good job!" she said. Cameron held up another letter and quizzed me again: "What's this?"

"the letter M." I said

"Yep. that's right. " She matter-of-factly replied. I was smiling at this point because I was being quizzed by someone who isn't even two years old. Cami held up another letter and said "What's this?"

"The letter A!" I said.

"good job mommy!" Cami said. then she held up a number and asked: "what's this?"

"the number 5." I said.

"Nope." Cameron said.

"No? I asked, second guessing myself. "Well, if it's not the number 5, what IS it?" I asked her.

"It's a hiccup." Cameron told me.

I thought that was so funny, and unexpected that I had to share that little story with you. I suppose a dual correlation exist for the number 5 as the letter "Y." As we all were taught in school, "Y" can be both a consonant and a vowel, so now I guess the number 5 can be a number and a hiccup. Thank goodness I have someone to point out those stipulations to me! HA. I took these pictures of Cameron the other day, enjoying her swing set. Have a wonderful Thursday! PEACE

4 comments:

  1. What a cute story.....it's scary though, she's getting to be so smart. I'm coming over tonight after work.... I need my Tam fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!!!!!!!!! she will be so excited. she pointed at a picture of you today and said "it's wara!" so i know she misses you. come over whenever. or we'll hunt YOU down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute is that story... I love it! Cant wait to see you all! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sure she will keep you laughing at the end of this month for the wedding....she's entertaining to say the least.....

    ReplyDelete