Thursday, October 04, 2007

you get a gold star!

This week I have, finally, decided to dedicate to getting Cameron potty trained. Although my newly re prioritized agenda has not officially kicked off, we do have a new "training" seat for her and this evening I am going to make some kind of a progress chart on poster board to put stickers/stars on along the way. My thought is, with much hope, this will give Cami a sense of pride and positive reinforcement to earn those stars. She loves to help or do anything to please me throughout the course of the day, so I think she will be excited about this project exclusively made for her and that might make her want to earn those stars (by using the seat). I realize that sounds cheesy or over the top perhaps, but Cami loves her art projects and she loves stickers (what she calls "sticky's") and so this might just put an end to the diapers! She showed such promise at only 17 months old, however my excitement and over enthusiasm quite probably pushed that training down the toilet, in the figurative sense...after all, if literal I wouldn't have this problem now at 23 months old! We'll see...wish me luck in the meantime. In other news...it seems as though I've hit the "mother load" on our new stray kitty cat (as mentioned in previous posts, whom I've named Brittany). She is very pregnant, so soon we'll have a litter around here. I let her stay in the garage at night to make sure she's safe and sound. Since she has seemingly adopted us as her home, I feel as though I'm somewhat responsible for her now. To avoid having a new litter of kittens appear every three months, I plan to have her spayed after her kittens are born. If you know someone who wants a kitten, let me know as I'm sure they'll be here soon.
I will make sure to put up some pictures or stories up for you tomorrow, in the mean time enjoy your day to it's fullest, be well. PEACE








3 comments:

  1. Actually, most times, potty training takes a lot of positive reinforcement. Not that I have potty trained any of my own kids, but I am helping with this aspect with 2 of my students. I'm just glad you picked a sticker chart instead of candy or something....
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh cool....wow, you're MY little teacher....i'm shocked you have to deal with potty training with 2 of your students. yuck. thanks for the insight, as always sweet rissi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your star chart so much , i'm starting it with one of my kids at school! YAY I hope it works! How is it goin for cami?

    ReplyDelete