I guess I did again, what I said I wouldn't do: neglect my readers! For that, another apology. I've been rather busy and have just put this on the back burner. Well, no more! Anyway, on to Cameron news. The past two days we have gone to the library in the morning for story time. On Tuesday morning she was a lovely, well-behaved little child....however, today? She was not so well behaved so we ended up leaving before the looming tantrum started. Today was one of those moods she gets in from time to time to test out procedures and policies with me....just to be certain I was serious when I initially made her aware of the rights and wrongs. So back to story time, we're all sitting there (mommy's and kids) and Cami is up in front of the room....touching signs and books, talking about other topics than the book being read was about, and just being a little distraction. Then she sprinted out of the baby story time, (yep, sprinted not walked or even a little run-she was like a seasoned sprint/track star) on into the main library. Perhaps next week I'll have more days where she was sweet and stayed put. She is enjoying the books we checked out after her sprint into the library.
On to my driving story: This afternoon I was minding my business driving down the road. It was a beautiful afternoon and I had thoughts of rainbows and bunnies in my head as I listened to "my boys" on the radio. It was a four lane road (2 lanes for each direction.) All of a sudden, a car going the same direction as I right next to mine, just veered into my lane. I am not sure how I got away without getting into an accident because I had no time to think....I just slammed the breaks (I think) as I veered right myself to avoid this road monster, winding up in the grass. I felt better as I layed into my horn to say "WAKE UP YOU *BLEEP*" and soon after my heartbeat went back to normal. I pulled into the parking lot for my workout class and I noticed the car behind me pulled in as a well. A gentlemen rolled his window down and asked if I were okay. I said "did you see that?!??? wow, that really aggravated me -I'm fine...just annoyed." (*editors note: actually I said "that really pissed me off!" but for those reading this who think I'm sugar and spice and everything nice with no profanity ever...I chose to say "aggravated") Then he said "you should check your wheels...they might have hit that curb or something" (the wheels are fine) and then he said "I just knew that car was going to hit you-I have no idea how you avoided it...." Anyway it dawned on me so I asked, "did you just stop here to see if I was okay?" "Yes" He said. "Wow, how nice of you...." and then he smiled, nodded, and drove off into the sunset.....
I had to share that story because although it could have been a really rather negative experience when thought about later, it instead became a beautiful, caring moment for the simple fact he stopped to make sure I was okay. The impact of his action is vast to me, because I don't know if I witnessed the same that I would have done the same as he. Everyone gets itinerary blinders on, especially when driving, and it's special to see someone be a good citizen. One of my favorite movies is "Pay It Forward" so perhaps I can give or share this feeling with the next guy. Or maybe I just did by sharing my story with YOU- so now its YOUR turn.
Oh! and on October 7th we (actually the stray kitty, Brittany) welcomed 6 beautiful, bouncing, baby kittens. So, have one! Ok. I'll share pictures of them soon.
-I'll write more tomorrow, although it will be later in the day. I have some morning and early afternoon obligations that will keep me from home. Have a swell day! PEACE
*pics will be up soon.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm really surprised that doesnt happen more often out there... People drive CRAZY!! I'm glad you are ok though! Love you!
ReplyDelete