Saturday, January 06, 2007

She's such a Baller. . .



One of Cameron's presents for Christmas was a gift card, so I recently redeemed it for a child size basketball goal. She LOVES it. I suppose it is in her genes, since Eric and I both played in high school. Actually, we played a few games of one-on-one while I was pregnant with her. He must have thought I was some fierce competition even amidst the pitiful physical state of pregnancy, because he played full-out: throwing elbows, stuffing my shots, schooling me every chance he could, while I tried to just catch my breathe....but that is a WHOLE other blog, for another day. (*note: Rematch with Eric 2007!) Today I'm talking about baby girl! :) I demonstrated how to shoot the basketball, and gave her the ball and she put it right in the hoop, as if she'd known how to play all along! It was great! I clapped and cheered for her, and now she is hooked. Sometimes she takes little celebratory breaks to bust out in song/dance/clapping before starting up again. We are also trying to teach her how to catch the ball--half of the time she is successful! The other half of the time, however, the ball just hits her sweet tummy and she giggles as she chases after it. I took some "action" shots today while we played in the kitchen. Hope everyone is really enjoying the first weekend of 2007! Peace!

*She is such a poser (as seen below):



*This is a superfast action shot (below)--she is speeding by SO FAST after the ball that the picture is actually blurry:








*Please disregard the runny nose (shown below)...sometimes intense athletic exertion can cause nasal drainage and when that occurs, you just have to smile and keep on playin:



*yes, I realize she is only one and it seems a bit absurd that I describe her as superfast, and the utilization of intense, athletic, exertion. . .but you never know...she very well COULD be the one and only one year in the history of ever to possess these traits. thank you for reading and come back soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are adorable, but I have to admit I was a little taken back. She totally looks like a little girl, not like a baby in those pics.

    And love the outfit. Whoever got that for her must have some really good taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. . . she looks like a little big person. She's growing up too fast.

    ReplyDelete