. . . now I'm going to take a moment to whine, just a little. . . .
I have typically considered myself a rain person when any "weather pattern discussion" comes up and can relate to the title of the Garbage song "I'm only happy when it rains," especially during the months of July and August, here in Oklahoma. Now, having seen the damage (utter destruction!) it has caused to my formerly beautiful flowers, which by the way survived the last freeze in April (does anyone recall that mid April day where the sun was bright and shining, the grass was green, flowers were in bloom, and big snow flakes started falling from the sky which appeared first to be dogwood blossoms descending below?) In addition, I'm tired of hearing a million frogs every night doing their mating calls - it bugs me because I know what they're up to and this will ultimately just mutlipy those million by another million. Also, getting muddy anytime a foot finds itself off the a paved sidewalk/concrete, and into the slushy grass/mud. The final straw and "fed up" fury with all of this was when I came across slimy earthworm just hanging out in the middle of our brand new kitchen floor! ! ! Yuck! THEN I opened the garage screen door and a monster sized earthworm plummeted down from the top of the door, just missing my head by an inch. Um, when did earth worm's start climbing? Or am I just uneducated in "wormology?" That's when I officially decided to change my tune of "lover of the rain and thunderstorms!" to something, well, opposite- the sunshine! Anyway, now I will sing to myself "here comes the sun, little darlin...'" over and over until the sun finally does come and sticks around long enough for me to get tired of it and the conditions being too hot and dry, at which point I will be "I'm only happy when it rains..." I know, I know, the grass is always greener.....
Have a lovely little day people! PEACE
*Note: check back a little later today for a BONUS post! yep, it is my gift to you! ha ha. I am going to share with you the story about my experience with Cami's little reading group at the library yesterday, I just wanted to put my birthday wish on the top priority this morning to put a smile on a dear friends face . . and I am going to post new pictures. Later!

Happy Birthday Amy! Lisa, I am with you on all this rain. Puts me in a baaaad mood and just when you think you are having a good hair day....you walk outside and it goes all to pot. Frizzy hair! Hopefully the sun will come out and dry some of this all up!
ReplyDeleteThanks Gina! Lisa, I cannot beleive you put my pics on your blog! Cami is a much cuter subject! But thank you for the sweet gesture! Deep down I really love it! Call me so we can get the bride and groom together sometime soon! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteDoll
Gina: frizzy or not, you always have a good hair day. and did you check today to see if you had more shot's out to you? ha ha.
ReplyDeleteDoll: you are too humble. call me laterz, yo! :)
If you saw the hair today you wouldn't think so! And no, I come to check out Cam's site almost everyday...shout outs or not :) But hey, a big shout out to Cam and her momma today! Love ya, Chini
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to amy Im sorry its a late happy birthday. I should have been a little more on top of my game and keep up with the important stuff. well in any case Happy birthday I hope it was a good one. Lisa i'm so glad you have finally changed your tune about the rain i hate rain everytime i wake up and its raining i just want to punch mother nature in the face. Sunny days are happy days doesn't matter how hot it is. sunny = happy. Well everyone have a great day and amy sorry its late but Happy Birthday
ReplyDelete