Years ago, long before little Cami's arrival, I witnessed the most precious display of adoration for a mother from her daughter on a news cast. It has been a while, so the details are sketchy at this point, but the basic point of the story was a mother was missing and in lieu of reporting this, the journalist interviewed her daughter who couldn't have been older than five. Anyway, what really captivated my interest to have remembered this story for so many years now, is the reply the daughter gave the reporter to the question "Can you describe your mommy?" The little girl, clinging onto her teddy bear responded "She looks like a princess......"
During that time of my life I did not envision myself with children of my own, but that sweet declaration from that little girl made me think "man, if I ever have a little girl, I would LOVE to hear out of my daughter's mouth that I look like a princess. That story brings me up to date of a similar, not quite as sweet, but, "potentially" flattering situation. Potentially being the operative word. Cameron and I were over at my parents house and she, Aunt Laura, and my mom were sitting on the couch together flipping through a magazine. Cami loves to read and look at pictures and tell stories about the pictures. Anyway, the magazine was a Victoria's Secret catalog that just arrived in the mail. Laura had been browsing through it, so this enticed Cami to come over and check it out and talk about it as well. As they flipped through the pages, Cameron kept picking out the same girl and saying: "mama!" "That's the mama" "there's mama...." When I heard this I went over to see and verify it was the same girl, wearing different outfits. Whether she meant "hey that looks like my mama," or "my mama has that skirt," or "she could be a mama" makes no difference to me, because I'm just going to go with the first of the three afore mentioned possibilities. Compliments are few and far between these days, so I'll take, or make up, what I can get! HA HA. Maybe one day my little angel baby will describe me as a princess....hey one can only hope, right?
Tomorrow is a very exciting day because at 10:30 we are going to a summer reading program exclusive for the ages of newborn to three year olds! I am very thrilled about this and cannot wait to see her interaction with the other babies whilst listening to stories. Ironically on the local news this evening there was a short update on the Library's Summer Reading Programs. It's so strange how things or events can come from different directions or ideas on the same day. Neat. Anyhow, I'll be sure to report back how it goes, in the mean time, stay cool- have a nice day- and PEACE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It was sooo cute to see Cami flipping through the catalogue and saying that's the mama.....I kept telling her, NO, that's not your mama but she wasn't having it! I tried to tell her it was Aunt Laura in the catalogue but you can't fool her! What can I say, she's a smart little baby!
ReplyDeleteI hope you guys had fun at the library.... I can't wait to hear all about it!
And I would like to give a special shout out to Gina today. Hello Chini, it's Chari. Hope you're having a laurific day.
ReplyDeleteum, this is a respectable, resourceful blog. I'm sorry, but we at "cami1105.blogspot.com" do not allow nor tolerate "shout out's" to anyone. Unless it's me, in which case i make the rules and break the rules....so I will take a moment to give my friend Gina a shout out and "holla!"
ReplyDeletedon't do it again.... chari, was it? nerd alert.
Wow I am special today and didn't know it. Thanks for giving Chini a shout out! Made my day! Lisa, Laura just filled me in on the story time at the library...I would have loved to have seen her in action. Precious!
ReplyDeleteOk my first question is do you remember if the missing mommy was ever returned to her little little girl? I think cami is saying with her victorias secret mag is not thats my mommy but my mommy is more beautiful than the most beautiful girl in here and could be right in the spot she was pointing to if that makes sense. I think she was just trying to tell you that you are beautiful and that you could be a victorias secret model. Just my own personal opinion on the matter.
ReplyDelete