A good night sleep. You just don't realize the luxury of what this means, until a little one comes around. For a few months Cameron was a champion sleeper. I would not hear one little peep from her during the hours of 7 pm through 8 am. Things have changed. I will now take the liberty of giving an example of a typical night. Last night, in fact. Here goes:
7:00 pm: Bedtime! Yes! I can relax.
7:30 pm: She's crying in her room. I go in and console her.
8:00 pm: She's finally asleep.
10:00pm: Waaaaa! Waaaa! I go in her room after her letting her fuss for awhile and realizing
she's not giving up. She wants to talk. I whisper "it's night night time..close those
eye's!" I tuck her back in.
Midnight: WAAAAAAAAAAA. WAAAAAAAAA. I go in her room again....pick her up, sing...
pulled out all the stops, yet nothing works. Make her a fraction of bottle-it worked.
2:00 AM: I wake up from a loud "thud." I listen. I hear it again. I hear "talking." It's coming
from Cami's room. I peak through a crack in the door and she is standing up and
playing and talking to a crib toy that plays music and has lights. It is marketed to
"lull baby to sleep." She is trying to rip it off the crib rails (thus the "thud" sound)
and is laughing and jabbering at the music and noises its making. She keeps jumping
up and down, then finally plops down and I go back to bed.
3:00 AM: WAAAA! Either she did not go to sleep, or she just snuck a cat nap in. Now she's
really upset. Tears are rolling down her sweet cheeks. I pick her up and it
immediately becomes comedy, beat-mommy-up, hour. She looks at me and kind of
laughs and says "ha/ huh" then proceeds to grab and pull at my collar bones. YES!
My clavicle bone apparently was bothering her and so she went after it...when I bend
forward and shrug to release this monster grip she has on me, she BITES my nose.
So basically, she just cried for me to come in her room so I could be an outlet for
hostility she was apparently manifesting. She is ornery.
3:30 AM: Go back to bed, feeling oh-so-appreciated.
6:00 AM: I hear a thud again. I go back to see what the problem is now. She threw her
blankets, lamb pillow, and little elephant blankie/thing overboard. The thud came
from a successful attempt of hitting her pink lamp, which hit the window (the blinds
were in disarray providing the evidence of impact) then landed on the floor. I lay
her back down, cover her up, and close the door to her room.
6:30 AM: Make a glass of tea. Enjoy some waffles. Start my day realizing the night is over and
sleep is just not in the cards for this mommy now.
A good night sleep. Some people dream new shoes, new toys, cd's, movies, a vacation, diamonds, flowers, chocolates, spa treatments, new car, concert tickets, etc. I just want a good night sleep. Christmas is just around the corner, perhaps that's what I'll ask Santa for this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment