Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Neighborly? I don't think so. . .

While the little baby angel slept today, I decided it was time to mow the yard. I am partial to push mowers, as this is the only lawn care machinery I've ever dealt with. My push mower is over at my parents house, so I'm left with a John Deer Tractor. I called my husband and asked for a quick run down of how the thing operates. It was foreign at first, but after a few laps around the yard, I was pratically a tractor pro. I was so proud as I stepped off the green machine and marveled at my yard work. I did it! I happily swept grass off the driveway, sidewalk, and street. I even made sure my neighbors on both sides had no grass cuttings on their sidewalk. I was the best neighbor ever!

Then I hear a knock on the door.

"Hi Sharon!" I said (my neighbor)

"Hi Lisa, um, did you just mow the yard?"

"Why yes I did! It sure needed it. " I said.

"Well, I just wanted you to know you got dust all over our van," Sharon said.

"Oh, um I did? Well I'm sorry...I did not mean to do that...um...." I said

"Well, my husband was really aggravated about that and made me come out and look at the van and blah blah blahblahblahblabhlajglaewjrtoiajwefklasjdf" she said...

"So...do you...um...do you want me to wash it for you? " I said (thinking to myself...is she kidding me here...i mean, its windy...and I cannot control any particles of dust or where they land)

"well, no. thats ok this time, but next time will you tell me when you're going to mow and I will move our vehicles?"

"oh sure. " i said. then i slammed the door in her mean old face.
just kidding i didn't really do that. I acted nice and apologetic, but I mean....seriously? I have to essentially ask permission before I mow again as to not blow any dirt anywhere? I cannot wait until the next time I have to mow...I'm going to be a crazy tractor driving mofo out there stirring up all kinds of dust and trouble.
ok ok...i'm not going to do that either. I feel better getting this off my chest. Little do they know, next door, that they're uneighborly behavior is now posted for the whole world to see! Mua ha ha hahahahahah Jokes on them now!~ OOOOOH BURN!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I know you wrote this quite a time ago but I was reading it and that is hilarious. The nerve of some people. I just cannot believe it. I am so glad we don't have any neighbors. Dust on their van? Are you friggin' kidding me?!? You handled it nicely but the slamming of the door would have been a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete