
What is it about Dad's and little girls? It is amazing to me the relationship Eric has with our daughter. Yesterday he came home and Cami had been pretty cranky all day-she had just had enough of me. When we picked him up at the airport, however, it was an entirely different story. She was immediately cheerful and so happy to see her daddy. They have this beautiful relationship that is complete adoration for one another. She always grins at him and flirts a little bit. The way she acts with him is so different than everyone else she encounters. She absolutely looks up and admires her daddy. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I believe she saves all of her new first experiences until she is in the presense of her father. She waits for him so she can show off her new moves. We dropped him back off at the airport this aftertoon. He was home this week less than 24 hours...pitiful, I know. On the way home, with just Cameron and I in the car, she looked sad and even cried. She had not had a nap yet though, but still, she was a different baby. I watched them as Eric got ready to leave for work. Each room he would go to, in his preparation, Cameron was soon there. As he shaved, she walked in to see what he was doing. I had to take pictures of it because it is so fascinating to me how enthralled this child is to see her dad go through the motions of getting ready.

I do not think that their relationship is this way because he is gone so often. When he has been home for several days in a row, the infatuation persists. She's a consistently happy, giggly baby when he is home. She always has a pleasant disposition, however when it is just her and I she tends to become upset much more easily. She doesn't throw the same sort of tantrum as when her daddy is around. The very first time she laughed really hard, was at her daddy. The very first time she smiled and it wasn't related to gas, it was at her daddy. Cameron also cuts her naptime and bedtime hours short as well when he is home. I believe it is to extend her awake time with Eric for fear she will miss out on some fantastic thing he does, like tie his shoes, or clip his nails. I'm sure I've elaborated on this subject too much for some of you-Its just such a wonderful dynamic they have-they are in love and you can see it when they look at each other. I love my little family and I love that my husband is such a tremendous father. Here are some more pictures of Cameron watching (more like bothering) Eric while he was shaving this morning.

Eric will be home in 5 days. We are most likely going to go to Chicago to visit his family. They don't get to see much of Cameron and since Eric will have 4 or 5 days off, we're going to take advantage of it. In the meantime, Cami will look forward to the phone calls I have with her daddy so she can get on the phone and say "dadda dadda dadda dadda" really loud to him. Have a nice rest of the day, oh and for Laura, sorry I didn't post this in the morning like the other "bloggers." I'll work on being more cool for you!
peace.

I'm really impressed by your blogging skills! :) That was such a sweet blog, and I love the black and white pictures! And, I mean come on... Eric is great and all but he's no Aunt Laura!
ReplyDelete