Glenn Beck is my hero. Approximately 90% of the time, each topic he discusses on his radio show, is exactly what is on my mind. A lot of times, in today's world, I feel alone in my thought process. I'm a stay at home mom, and it seems no one today values the importance of this role. Glenn Beck does. Today he talked about the school shootings and the emptiness in everyone's souls that goes along with it. He contributes this to Hollywood. I could not be more pleased with his public opinion. Anyone who knows me, realizes I can easily go off on my "media sensationalism" tangent. I feel our culture is completely blind and victimized to this problem, and no one realizes it. It's no longer "in" to believe in what's right, or do the right thing, or actually possess AND utilize morals and values. It's now cool to do the wrong thing, be the wrong thing etc. This is grossly contributing to the emptiness Mr. Beck talked about today. My poem I posted the other day basically summarized these feelings...calling those empty souls "sheep." I worry about the effect society could potentially have on my daughter, however I stand strong and extremely proud that I have dedicated my life to her, thereby giving her the strongest foundation so when in situations where she might succumb to peer pressure, she won't. I think it is wildly inappropriate how females act today. I worry that she won't fit in because of the morals and principles I will have instilled in her. For example, when did flashing and making out with other girls become a female right of passage or scoreboard for cool points? It never should have been, however our world has become desensitized by the media: television, magazines, movies. The more outrageous one is, the more they fit in? My husband will remember this example: We were hanging out at a bar and the bartender was female. I was sitting in between him and his friend and I thought I saw her pull up her shirt to expose her breasts to these two gross, really old men. I was shocked and when I described what I just saw, they both just kind of chuckled and thought it was funny. This "chick" later on in the night would scream at the top of her lungs: "IF YOU'RE HAPPY AND YOU KNOW IT SHOW YOUR TITS" and then she'd raise her shirt to show off her boob job. She tried to talk me into it as well, as if that would be so fabulous. Why in the world would someone want to do that for a room of gross, drunk, old, wrinkley men? Another thing that's funny to me in young adults is being "bi." Guys are never really "bi." It's the females. I don't believe "bi" is a legimate sexual term...I don't think that bisexual truly exsists. It is either or. No in between. I think I'm going to contact Mr. Webster Dictionary to point out it should be called "Trysexual" because you are either gay or straight. Girls have allowed themselves to "try" anything with anyone to steal the attention that night, or that moment to gain attention for their insufficient confidence, hence trysexual. This is the kind of behavior that is so normal now and I strongly disagree with it. I think those we should admire are those with intellect, creativity, and good deeds. I think modesty, security, self confidence, and values are the attributes we should focus on. Yet today we admire false beauty. Men are desensitized to true female beauty, as they are bombarded with unrealistic images wildly contributing to female body mutilation (my term for plastic surgery), eating disorders, social disorders, and inappropriate behavior. So when they do encounter a women whose beauty is real, she becomes average or just "okay". This is a vicious cycle that only those who know themselves and VALUE themselves can avoid. I'm thankful that there is someone who has public influence that voices these thoughts I have on the subject. To learn more about this man and to experience what he has to say, please visit his website: http://www.glennbeck.com/home/index.shtml One more thing: What is so perplexing to me is the human race. We are all here on Earth, together. Our Earth represents a country, almost, to me. Of course, I'm so fortunate to have been born in the United States of America, where freedom reigns as ruler, however all humans have the same foundation and basics from birth: brains, heart, feelings, etc. No one has a concrete answer or scientific explanation of why we're all here and what we are supposed to do or believe while we're on this "country" called Earth. It is our beliefs and experience that feed our passions. So, my questions is why does "someone" or "some country" always have to be right? Why can't we just get along? :) (naive, I know) Everyone knows we are all humans and we think for ourselves. I don't understand why one Country or ruler feels his beliefs and experiences take precedence over everything and everyone. I think everyone is too busy being blind, stubborn, and selfish to see the big picture. They don't know themselves, and this means they don't and cannot truly live their life and try to find a peaceful, happy life to live. I believe success is weighed and measured by happiness. Positive reinforcement makes the world go round. Unfortunately selfishness and closed-mindedness hinder real success in life. Being human, we have emotions. Feeling sad, obviously, is not what people strive for as far as emotions go, however we have essentially created an extended, permanent sadness per each life because of the need to be right. What happened to meeting in the middle with compromise? And so, I wonder, how can you be right without knowing exactly what life is supposed to be?!? Exactly. You can't. You have to be open to knowledge and experience, just as a child. We could all undergo some behavioral cognitive therapy, to relearn how to live cohesively. The only problem now is: where can we find a therapist who is untouched by what I described, unbiased, and willing to undergo this worldwide task? hmmm....something to think about. p.s. Laura, don't make fun of me.

well well well this is Uncle CiCi
ReplyDeleteor Mr. Conservative as I like to be called. :) I do think having this child has made our little Lisa an EVIL CONSERVATIVE!!!! Thank God
Well now if we can get all the illegals out of Broken Arrow!!!!
This is Uncle (conservative) CiCi signing out.
Thank you Mr. Cici-Conservative. I'm as evil as they come, i guess. :)
ReplyDeleteLife is what you make it. Some take the route of devoting it fully to another "being" in order to gain a sense of dignity. Some use life as an adventure, not going down the silverlining of human conditioning. I'd like to think that there is absolutely no 'correct' way to live, because correct is only a man-made extention of OUR own rules. Why is it correct to be straight? Why is it correct to be christian, muslim, jewish, ect.?
ReplyDeleteWho defines it? I suppose we have defined it, I mean technically its our own choice what it means, but WHAT did we define it to? I think we defined it according to oldass christian beliefs, created some 2000+ years ago. Its changing though, oh we can all see this... people are starting to turn around and open their eyes, no more blind followers.
But is it that way because of human intelligence? Or is it an instinct that we conjured many years ago? Probably the ladder, being how incredibly fast we've managed to destroy this entire planet, its time for people to stop living for fate, it time to most likely, pick up the pace before we get ourselves into some MAJOR extinction problems. Whats even goofier is people that say, "Oh gosh Nick, that stuff won't happen for another 100-200 years." They are a great example of the people I speak of, they're the reason we've come this far, and lost this much.
Good day, Enjoy life.
I appreciate everything you said though. One question: What makes you think there are fewer blind followers? I am partial to believe there are more, yet not for organized religion or belief, more for societal pull or peer acclamation. What do you think about that, dear Nick?
ReplyDeleteto nick:
ReplyDeletep.s. gimme a call sometime. :)
I see where you are coming from, with more and more people leaning to the side of media ... brainwashing, for lack of a better word. But I can't help but to think that among the youth designed to face these problems, we (the younger few) are starting to really take on a metaphysical approach to dealing with the problem. Its as if the other people have been looking at our problems from the side of a raging river, and its about to hit our lifetime. They've stood long enough to learn whats coming, but not long enough to know what to do when it gets here. Some might think that its all part of the bible. But I'd have to agree with the lead singer of Muse:
ReplyDelete"declare this an emergency
come on and spread a sense of urgency
and pull us through
and pull us through
and this is the end
this is the end of the world
it's time we saw a miracle
come on it's time for something biblical
to pull us through
and pull us through
and this is the end
this is the end of the world
proclaim eternal victory
come on and change the course of history
and pull us through
and pull us through
and this is the end
this is the end of the world"