Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Let's Go!


hello!. Eric has already left back for work again....he is gone all the time! We are waiting to hear word back on an opportunity that will keep him at home more. This evening after my workout I went to my parents house to pick Cami up. I walked in the door and I heard her and my mother in the kitchen so as I walk towards them I hear my excited little girl exclaim: "Dada!" then she saw it was only me and asked..."where's Dada? " It feels nice to be warmly welcomed. ha.

We went swimming today and played with the new beach ball Grandma Goodies sent (that would be eric's mama)....Cami had the most fun walking around the pool throwing it into the water and watching me chase after it. Whatever works, right? Her nap was extremely short today so by the time the evening arrived she was a little testy. I had to give her 3 time-outs in a row. For those of you who aren't aware I started "Operation: Time-Out" around the time she started having tantrums (about 12 months old). Anyway, they are extremely effective and seem to keep her in check, except on days when she is bolder than normal. The first mention I made of time out today, I said "ok....let's go....time out" and Cami looked at me smiled and said "let's go!" It was really hard to keep a straight face when she was so excited and testing me. But three time outs later, she finally picked up her messes I was insistent upon. Hopefully tomorrow she will relax and take advantage of naptime with a little extension. It makes life a little rough in the afternoon when she cuts herself short.

I attempted to use my camera today to take some pictures of Cameron....but was not successful. When she sees me get it out, she wants it. She loves holding the camera up to her face and saying "smile!" as if she's taking a picture of me....anyway, to avoid her taking it over, and a potential tantrum, I discreetly put it out of site. I will take some pictures either way tomorrow, and you will know by the look of the images if I managed to do it with success or not. She will either be oblivious or cavalier to my photo session, or she will be crying or pouting in the images. The picture I used today was taken with my phone last night. I was reading her a little story before bedtime and she stole the glasses I was wearing and tried to put them on herself. I helped her and she looked so funny I took a picture. Sorry the quality isn't great....but that's all I have to offer today! Have a tremendous day! spread your smiles! PEACE

2 comments:

  1. What a funny little picture of Cam. Those glasses are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know. she looks like a little book worm, huh? she feels very pretty in them. come see us, tori. ok.

    ReplyDelete