Saturday, July 28, 2007

A real phone call


Today I'm going to share a story about Cameron's very first REAL phone conversation. It occurred the other day while on the phone with her daddy. Here is the story:
I was talking to Eric on the phone about a situation that happened while Laura and Cameron were coloring. I explained that Cami took Laura's crayon away and said "no color." Laura then reached for a different crayon and Cameron snapped back "no color! Stop! Stop!" I told Eric that I scolded Cameron and told her that was unacceptable, we do not talk to anyone like that and she needed to apologize. My point of sharing this story with Eric is because I was so proud of how quickly she listened to me and remedied the situation with Laura by saying "sorry" and giving her a kiss. She also let Laura color again. By this time, Cameron wanted to talk to her daddy on the phone and the following is a sequence of her end of the conversation after giving the baby my phone:

"Hi daddy!" Cami said

"I said no color!" "I said stop!"

(I was shocked when I heard her start talking about what I just relayed to her dad...so I prompted her to continue by saying "tell daddy what happened next...")

"I naughty naughty..." she continued
"I said surry" (surry=sorry)

(By this point I was in disbelief because her typical phone calls would have ended by now after jabbering quite a bit of unrecognizable words.)

"I a goooood girl...I good girl." she said

Then she ended the call saying "ok...bye....see ya!" and hung on her daddy. I called Eric later and he was so excited to be on the receiving of her very first real phone conversation! I'm sure very soon she will be contacting all of you to explain the events and shenanigans of our day. In the meantime, be well and have a fantastic weekend! PEACE

3 comments:

  1. WOW that is amazing! you really do have a smart little girl! so very proud... maybe soon I can talk to her on the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time she asks to "call? call? call?" then we'll call up rissi....just prepared that the call could always end abruptly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an adorable story. She sounds so cute, it is just not right. Indeed, she does sound smart. I laughed out loud! Thanks for the story!

    ReplyDelete